Having guests over to our house for a night of board games or visiting is fun, but it is also good when our guests leave. We like to have our homes to ourselves where we can do as we please, and when guests are in our homes, we feel we have to entertain or watch how we act. Guests may be invited and welcomed, but intruders are not welcome! We lock our doors and install alarm systems to keep strangers out of our house. Mice are one intruder that doors and alarm systems don't stop from breaking into our homes.
If mice are in your house, you need the Garden City pest control technicians from Pied Piper Pest Control. Our highly trained technicians from our locally owned company have been eradicating pests from homes for almost ten years; we know how to remove pests like mice from your house. We hope you continue reading this brief article to learn more about mice and what to do about them.
Sure Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
You may suspect you have house mice, but the problem is that you never see them because they are active while you sleep. Although mice are nocturnal, they leave the following signs of their presence:
- Droppings: Mice fecal matter is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch dark and smooth with pointed ends.
- Urine stains: Mice urinate as they travel to and from food sources staining the floor and leaving a putrid odor in the area.
- Grease marks: Mice have oily fur soiled from garbage and sewage, which create smudges on walls and corners as they rub against them.
- Tracks: Four and five-toed prints are visible in dusty areas.
- Chew marks: Mice gnaw on just about anything.
- Runways: Once a mouse has found food, it uses the same route from the food to its nest. Tracks, grease marks, partially eaten food, and urine stains mark the pathways.
- Nests: Mice create nests using insulation and shredded paper inside walls, attics, utility closets, garages, and basements.
- Sounds: Mice make sounds as they walk across surfaces, build nests, or gnaw on food products.
- Discarded food: Mice leave uneaten food along their pathways.
- Live or dead mouse: If you sit still for a long time, you may see a mouse run through the room or find a dead mouse in the garage.
If you see these signs, you need mice control services from Pied Piper Pest Control before the situation gets out of control.
Why Mice In Your Home Is A Major Health Risk
Mice in your Garden City home are dangerous because they spread disease. Diseases from mice to humans include:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM)
These diseases cause flu-like symptoms and, if left untreated, can be fatal.
Another danger from mice in your Garden City house is household members who are allergic to mice. Although they may not get close enough to touch a mouse, the dried fecal matter becomes airborne and, when inhaled, can cause an allergic reaction — especially in children.
Why Mouse Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
Upon seeing a mouse, our initial reaction is to set mice traps. While it is satisfying to catch a mouse, the problem is that ten more mice are still on the loose. Mice reproduce quickly, and snaring one at a time will not stop the infestation.
The Most Effective Mouse Control For Your Home
To get rid of mice fast in your Garden City house, you need more than a few mouse traps; you need pest control technicians trained in rodent removal from Pied Piper Pest Control. We will inspect your home and property to determine hot spots, entry points, and potential breeding locations. Next, we will create a strategic rodent removal plan addressing the current population and their nesting locations. Contact us today to learn more about our rodent removal process and pest control in Garden City from Pied Piper Pest Control.
Mr. Anderson was professional and courteous. He took the time to inform me of what needed to be done, expectations and other services that may be beneficial to me in the future. He answered all our inquiries. I would use this service again.
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection