Quality Pest Control In Plainview, NY
Plainview has highly-rated schools, beautiful scenery, and a welcoming suburban community. It is an excellent place for residents to raise families or settle down and enjoy a slower pace of life. The area is full of amenities and access to outdoor activities, and residents appreciate the safe, scenic appearance of the suburb.
Pests love Plainview too, which makes Plainview pest control, provided by our expert team at Pied Piper Pest Control, necessary to defeat pest problems and keep these unwanted invaders at bay.
Five Common Misconceptions About Bed Bugs in Plainview
Many Plainview residents have misconceptions about bed bugs. It’s essential to learn the truth behind these beliefs so that you prevent and treat bed bug infestations around your property:
- You can’t see bed bugs: Bed bugs may be small, but you can still see these pests. They are dark-colored, flat, and no larger than an apple seed.
- Bed bugs only infest dirty homes: While clutter makes it easier for bed bugs to hide, the truth is that any property can acquire an infestation of this pest.
- Bed bugs transmit disease: Though bed bug bites are itchy, annoying, and may trigger allergies, they don’t spread serious diseases to humans as some other insect bites do.
- DIY treatments can remove bed bugs: DIY bed bug control is unlikely to defeat infestations of this pest ultimately. Typically, professional assistance is necessary to defeat bed bugs.
- Bed bugs only come out at night: Bed bugs prefer feeding when their victims are sleeping, but they will come out during the day if they sense an easy meal in front of them.
Bed bugs aren’t insects you want crawling around your Plainview property. Contact Pied Piper Pest Control at the first signs of these insect invaders.
All The Ways You Attract Plainview Mosquitoes
Many factors around your Plainview property may attract mosquitoes and encourage these pests to settle in exterior or interior areas. If you want to keep mosquitoes away, it’s essential to remove these factors and make your property less hospitable overall.
Factors that easily attract Plainview mosquitoes include pools of standing water around your property. Stagnant, standing water is a prime spot for mosquitoes to lay their eggs, and they only need a few inches. Eliminate all standing water and ensure water features are treated with larvicide to stop mosquitoes from breeding on your property.
Long grasses, humid or moist conditions, and plenty of sweet-smelling flowers around exterior areas attract mosquitoes, as do open windows or doors that allow mosquitoes to invade interior spaces. Reduce access to these factors to decrease your chances of mosquito infestation.
Mosquitos can be dangerous; contact Pied Piper Pest Control for a pest control plan.
Tips Plainview Homeowners Can Use to Keep Their Homes Cockroach-Free
Cockroaches are unsightly, unhygienic, and destructive. Once they invade your Plainview home, you may be wondering how to defeat this pest and ensure that your home stays cockroach-free in the long run. Fortunately, we have some expert cockroach control tips that help decrease your chances of infestation:
- Store all leftover food properly, clean up food and drink spills immediately, and utilize airtight containers to keep roaches out of stored food.
- Dispose of trash promptly and tightly seal bags to stop cockroaches from being attracted to the aroma.
- Use trash cans with tight-fitting lids outdoors to stop roaches from scavenging in waste disposal areas.
- Remove outdoor cockroach hiding spots such as long grasses, wood piles, and overgrown foliage or fallen fruit, leaves, and branches.
- Fix moisture issues around the exterior and interior areas that lead to the humid, damp conditions that cockroaches love to be around.
Don’t hesitate to contact Pied Piper Pest Control for more cockroach control information.
Do I Still Have To Worry About Rodents Invading My Plainview Home?
Rodent infestations bring significant health and safety issues, and rodents are a year-round pest invader. The favorable temperatures that Plainview properties offer, the easy access to food and water, and the secluded safe sheltering spaces draw these critters. It’s vital to implement rodent prevention tips to avoid the troubles that these pests bring once they invade.
Easy rodent deterrent tips include sealing gaps around windows, doors, and your property’s foundation, utilizing window and door screens to keep rodents out, patching holes in your home’s roof, and clearing outdoor areas of long grasses and debris. You can also make your home less hospitable by storing leftover food properly, decluttering and cleaning often, and reaching out to Pied Piper Pest Control for professional rodent control assistance.
With the help of our knowledgeable team, you won’t need to worry about rodents or the issues these pests bring – relax and let us effectively remove rodents for you.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"