Quality Pest Control In Plainview, NY
Plainview has highly-rated schools, beautiful scenery, and a welcoming suburban community. It is an excellent place for residents to raise families or settle down and enjoy a slower pace of life. The area is full of amenities and access to outdoor activities, and residents appreciate the safe, scenic appearance of the suburb.
Pests love Plainview too, which makes Plainview pest control, provided by our expert team at Pied Piper Pest Control, necessary to defeat pest problems and keep these unwanted invaders at bay.
Five Common Misconceptions About Bed Bugs in Plainview
Many Plainview residents have misconceptions about bed bugs. It’s essential to learn the truth behind these beliefs so that you prevent and treat bed bug infestations around your property:
- You can’t see bed bugs: Bed bugs may be small, but you can still see these pests. They are dark-colored, flat, and no larger than an apple seed.
- Bed bugs only infest dirty homes: While clutter makes it easier for bed bugs to hide, the truth is that any property can acquire an infestation of this pest.
- Bed bugs transmit disease: Though bed bug bites are itchy, annoying, and may trigger allergies, they don’t spread serious diseases to humans as some other insect bites do.
- DIY treatments can remove bed bugs: DIY bed bug control is unlikely to defeat infestations of this pest ultimately. Typically, professional assistance is necessary to defeat bed bugs.
- Bed bugs only come out at night: Bed bugs prefer feeding when their victims are sleeping, but they will come out during the day if they sense an easy meal in front of them.
Bed bugs aren’t insects you want crawling around your Plainview property. Contact Pied Piper Pest Control at the first signs of these insect invaders.
All The Ways You Attract Plainview Mosquitoes
Many factors around your Plainview property may attract mosquitoes and encourage these pests to settle in exterior or interior areas. If you want to keep mosquitoes away, it’s essential to remove these factors and make your property less hospitable overall.
Factors that easily attract Plainview mosquitoes include pools of standing water around your property. Stagnant, standing water is a prime spot for mosquitoes to lay their eggs, and they only need a few inches. Eliminate all standing water and ensure water features are treated with larvicide to stop mosquitoes from breeding on your property.
Long grasses, humid or moist conditions, and plenty of sweet-smelling flowers around exterior areas attract mosquitoes, as do open windows or doors that allow mosquitoes to invade interior spaces. Reduce access to these factors to decrease your chances of mosquito infestation.
Mosquitos can be dangerous; contact Pied Piper Pest Control for a pest control plan.
Tips Plainview Homeowners Can Use to Keep Their Homes Cockroach-Free
Cockroaches are unsightly, unhygienic, and destructive. Once they invade your Plainview home, you may be wondering how to defeat this pest and ensure that your home stays cockroach-free in the long run. Fortunately, we have some expert cockroach control tips that help decrease your chances of infestation:
- Store all leftover food properly, clean up food and drink spills immediately, and utilize airtight containers to keep roaches out of stored food.
- Dispose of trash promptly and tightly seal bags to stop cockroaches from being attracted to the aroma.
- Use trash cans with tight-fitting lids outdoors to stop roaches from scavenging in waste disposal areas.
- Remove outdoor cockroach hiding spots such as long grasses, wood piles, and overgrown foliage or fallen fruit, leaves, and branches.
- Fix moisture issues around the exterior and interior areas that lead to the humid, damp conditions that cockroaches love to be around.
Don’t hesitate to contact Pied Piper Pest Control for more cockroach control information.
Do I Still Have To Worry About Rodents Invading My Plainview Home?
Rodent infestations bring significant health and safety issues, and rodents are a year-round pest invader. The favorable temperatures that Plainview properties offer, the easy access to food and water, and the secluded safe sheltering spaces draw these critters. It’s vital to implement rodent prevention tips to avoid the troubles that these pests bring once they invade.
Easy rodent deterrent tips include sealing gaps around windows, doors, and your property’s foundation, utilizing window and door screens to keep rodents out, patching holes in your home’s roof, and clearing outdoor areas of long grasses and debris. You can also make your home less hospitable by storing leftover food properly, decluttering and cleaning often, and reaching out to Pied Piper Pest Control for professional rodent control assistance.
With the help of our knowledgeable team, you won’t need to worry about rodents or the issues these pests bring – relax and let us effectively remove rodents for you.
How To Identify An Ant Infestation In Your Plainview Home
When there's a trail of ants running into your kitchen or a cluster around your doorway, it's cause for concern. Homeowners should learn the signs of an ant infestation and contact a pest control company for help. When these bugs invade your home, it's not because it's untidy. The smallest particles of food or water can attract ants. These insects invade your property by using hidden entry points like cracks, crevices, and gaps.
Pied Piper Pest Control can help homeowners stop infestations. Ants spread pathogens, contaminate food, and are difficult to exclude. If you're noticing the following signs of ants around your home, get ant control right away:
- You frequently see ants crawling around food – either on your counters or near pet bowls
- There are trails of ants traveling through your home.
- There are visible ant mounds and ant trails on your property.
The best solution to control invading ants is to sign up for year-round pest control services. When Pied Piper Pest Control visits monthly or quarterly, we can deter future infestations.
Schedule an inspection and an exclusion treatment from Pied Piper Pest Control to eliminate ants.
Is It Dangerous To Have Crickets In My Plainview House?
The song of crickets chirping in the summer is pleasing to some. But when these insects invade your home, their noise can disturb your sleep. Thankfully, not all crickets like to make a lot of noise, like the cave cricket. However, you will likely have some concerns if you have an infestation.
Pied Piper Pest Control provides pest control and exclusion services to keep nuisances like crickets away from your property. When you need cricket control, our Integrated Pest Management methods may prove helpful.
When you have a few crickets around your house, it's not the biggest nuisance or danger. However, an infestation can cause a host of problems. Consider the following:
- These insects feed on cellulose, so fabric, houseplants, and books are targets for gnaw marks and holes.
- These bugs may hide in cluttered closets and basements or odd nooks and crannies. It makes them hard to exclude on your own.
- Some crickets will chirp. While this noise might be soothing in nature, it can become obnoxious in your home.
If crickets are an unwelcome presence in your home, a dependable pest control company can help expel them and prevent reinfestation.
Contact Pied Piper Pest Control to defend against invading crickets and thwart future visits.
How Can I Prevent Silverfish In My Plainview Home?
Silverfish may enter your home in curious ways. Sometimes, these insects smuggle into your home through packaged foods or goods. Silverfish may invade your home via exterior cracks, gaps around plumbing, holes, or poorly protected doors and windows. Like crickets, these bugs don't pose a significant threat to your health, but they can stain fabric, leave droppings on surfaces, and trigger allergic reactions when an infestation occurs.
Pied Piper Pest Control can safely exclude silverfish using home pest control treatments. Homeowners shouldn't have to share space with these pesky insects. Like most pests, it can be easier to deter silverfish in the first place than to respond to an infestation.
To keep silverfish out of your home, try doing the following:
- Use citrus scents around your home, like lemon or orange.
- Run a dehumidifier in poorly ventilated areas of your home.
- Try leaving sticky traps around your house to capture these bugs and prevent their population from growing.
These tips can help minimize your risk of silverfish moving in, but if you are dealing with an established infestation, it's best to trust the professional products and exclusion methods from Pied Piper Pest Control. Give us a call to inspect and treat your home for these bugs.
Total Termite Control For Plainview Homeowners
After spending money and time to maintain your home, it's heartbreaking to discover a termite colony. These insects can cause severe structural damage and discolor and warp wood. Termite season isn't the only time homeowners should be on high alert. It pays to schedule an annual termite inspection and be vigilant about watching for signs of termites.
Pied Piper Pest Control has specialized treatments to target termites. Our technicians detect termites and apply effective products to exclude them. Depending on the severity of an infestation, we may use traps, live bait, or drilling and trenching to get these bugs to go away.
What are some signs of a termite infestation? Look for the following:
- The flooring is buckling or loose underfoot.
- The walls have peeling, bubbling paint similar to water damage.
- There are pinpoint-sized holes in the drywall and nearby discarded wings, termite frass, or insect bodies.
- Windows and doors become difficult to open or close.
- You spot mud tubes on your foundation or walls.
No homeowner wants to deal with elaborate tunnels in their walls or floors. Repairing termite-related damages can be expensive when an infestation goes undetected for years. It's important to respond quickly when you detect a termite infestation.
Call the pros at Pied Piper Pest Control for the most effective termite control and schedule an annual inspection.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"