Quality Pest Management In Bethpage, NY
Despite how small Bethpage is, this tiny hamlet is still bustling with life, from coffee shops and restaurants to scenic suburbs. Although the residents of Bethpage might consider it a nice place to settle away from the city, so do many of the pests in New York.
Here’s what Bethpage residents should know about how Pied Piper Pest Control's residential pest control program works, what’s included with our commercial services, an all-inclusive guide to ant control in Bethpage, and how dangerous cockroaches can be without help from Nassau County pest control.
Why Bethpage Homeowners Should Consider Rodent Control
Rodents are one of the worst pests for Bethpage homeowners to face, making it easy to see why DIY rodent control solutions are so popular. However, there are a few reasons why professional rodent control is the best solution possible, such as:
- Large population: Rodents reproduce quickly and are social creatures, making it easy for a small infestation to grow large quickly.
- Limited success: While you’ll certainly get some rodents with traps and poisons, most of them know how to avoid them, making your successes pale in comparison to the overall rodent population.
- Hiding places: Rodents know how to hide, which makes them difficult to find. Also, if they do eat poison and choose to go back to their hiding spot, you’ll have the smell of dead rodents in your home soon enough, which is unpleasant.
For these reasons and more, the best thing you can do is to seek professional rodent control services. Our team has the training and resources needed to safely and effectively eliminate your rodent population. Contact Pied Piper Pest Control today to get started on your rodent-free home!
All That Everyone In Bethpage Needs To Know About Subterranean Termites
Subterranean termites are known for their love of eating things made of wood from walls and doors to chairs and tables. In addition, this pest resides on the ground, unlike its drywood counterpart, making it tricky to identify an infestation.
However, if you look carefully, you can find mud tunnels that subterranean termites build from their underground home to the wood they’re eating. Some other things you need to know about this pest are:
- You can do your part: Do things like keeping soil and stacked wood away from the home’s foundation. This lowers your chances of an infestation.
- Inspections matter: Don’t skip the annual inspection. By doing this, you can identify a potential infestation long before it becomes a problem.
- DIY isn’t possible: Termite colonies grow to large numbers over time and are difficult to detect at first. In addition, they burrow into the ground, making it challenging to get all of them.
The best thing you can do to handle a termite infestation regardless of the species is to seek out professional termite control services. Our team has the training and resources needed to effectively eliminate your termite infestations while preventing future ones from occurring.
If you’re ready to say goodbye to subterranean termites, reach out to Pied Piper Pest Control. Contact us today to get started!
An All-Inclusive Guide To Ant Control For Bethpage Homeowners
Ants can be a common problem in both Bethpage homes and businesses, so how can you prevent them? Here are a few quick tips for lowering the risk of ant problems around your property:
- Make sure you’re keeping leftovers in airtight containers or sealed packaging so that ants can’t smell the food.
- Don’t leave pet food sitting out all the time.
- Wash dirty dishes in a timely manner, and don’t leave them sitting overnight.
- Empty your indoor and outdoor garbage bins regularly and keep them sealed.
- Address moisture issues, like leaky pipes and faucets, as soon as you notice them.
- Get rid of damaged and moldy wood and structures around your home and property.
- Identify cracks and crevices in your foundation that may let ants get inside, and seal them off.
- Clear yard debris from your yard and property regularly and inspect items before you bring them inside.
- Keep up with regular lawn maintenance and inspect for fire ant mounds around your property and near your home.
If, despite your best efforts, you discover an ant problem in your Bethpage home, call Pied Piper Pest Control for ant control services to take care of the problem for good.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My Bethpage House?
Nobody likes sharing their space with cockroaches, but are these pests dangerous? Unfortunately, cockroaches are more than just a nuisance; they can also be harmful for Bethpage homeowners:
- They can carry bacteria and pathogens like salmonella, streptococcus, and staphylococcus. Contracting some of these pathogens may lead to nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, dysentery, or even cholera.
- They can trigger asthma or allergic reactions in many people. The saliva, discarded skin, and roach droppings all contain an enzyme that can cause asthmatic flare-ups or allergic reactions in some people, especially younger children.
More than just the health risks, cockroaches can be dangerous because they’re hard to get rid of. Once they infest your home, cockroaches won’t go away on their own, but they can also be extremely difficult for homeowners to combat by themselves. Not only do cockroaches reproduce quickly, with a single female roach laying close to forty eggs at a time, but they’re also great at hiding as well.
Cockroaches can hide in the tiniest cracks and crevices of your home, like wall voids, under appliances, or even inside furniture. These pests are nocturnal, so they can go undetected for longer than you might think. For these reasons, the best way to get rid of cockroaches in Bethpage, NY, is with help from Pied Piper Pest Control.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Densle and the team at Pied Piper were extremely professional and responsive. They provided same day service and did an outstanding job. They followed up with me a week later and even came back to my home to do additional spraying. I highly recommend their services and will certainly use them again in the future.