Sparse and suburban, Elmont offers residents a slower pace of life than in nearby New York City. Though, that isn't to say Elmont is boring – this remarkable community offers various amenities and recreational opportunities to its many residents. However, pest issues can still invade a tranquil city like Elmont, creating the need for Elmont pest control.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, pest issues can cause many problems and ruin your daily enjoyment of life in the Elmont area. We provide effective, same-day pest control solutions that target your specific insect, rodent, and wildlife issues. With the help of our knowledgeable, caring experts, you'll eliminate pest problems in no time at all.
Contact us now to learn more or get started keeping pests like spiders, termites, and bed bugs away from your Elmont property.
How To Get Rid Of Cave Crickets In Your Elmont Home
Cave crickets can be a major nuisance in your Elmont home. Luckily there are some ways you can prevent them from getting into your home. Moisture is a significant draw for cave crickets as well as many other pests. You can reduce moisture in your home by using a dehumidifier in areas like the basement or garage that may accumulate moisture. It's also a good idea to check for leaky pipes or flooded gutters around your home.
Once you've taken care of any water issues, you'll want to limit nesting areas and access points around your home. Cut back tall grass and weeds around your property and seal up any cracks or crevices around your foundation, doors, and windows. For more help getting rid of cave crickets and other nuisance pests, don't hesitate to call the experts at Pied Piper Pest Control.
Everything You Need To Know About Rodents In Elmont
There are all kinds of rodents in Elmont, but only a few are likely to invade your home. The list of common rodents in Elmont homes includes Norway rats, roof rats, and house mice. Norway rats are stocky and prefer to burrow their way into the ground level or basements of homes. They also commonly live in sewers in urban areas. In contrast, roof rats are climbers and will more likely enter elevated areas in your home. House mice are significantly smaller than either rat species, but the damage they cause can be just as significant.
Some other key facts about these rodents are that they all have extremely strong teeth and continuously chew. This can lead to damage throughout your home. Rats are some of the smartest animals on the planet, and this intelligence can make them even trickier to eliminate. Home-invading rodents have a long history of relying on humans for food and warmth. Once they find a way into your home, they will not be eager to leave. If you are looking for help with rodents, Pied Piper Pest Control has the solution. Call today to find out more.
An All-Inclusive Guide To Ant Control For Elmont Homeowners
Ant control can seem overwhelming for many Elmont homeowners, but it doesn't need to be as difficult as you may think. Follow some of these expert tips to prevent ant infestations around your property:
- Keep your yard clear of debris and ensure the grass stays low, reducing outdoor ant hiding spots.
- Repair cracks around your home's windows and doors, leaving no space for ants to slip inside.
- Keep exterior doors, and windows closed as often as possible to stop ant entry as they search for food.
- Seal all trash tightly and throw it away promptly to prevent the aroma from attracting ants.
- Store leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in storage areas to keep ants out.
- Clean up food and drink spills immediately, even outdoors, as crumbs and liquids will attract hungry ants.
In addition to these ant control tips, you should be investing in professional ant control to help with widespread infestations. Our experts at Pied Piper Pest Control can undoubtedly help you eradicate your ant issues, so contact us at the first sign of a problem.
How To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Elmont Home For The Summer
During the warm summer months, cockroaches are more likely to invade your homes, searching for food and shelter and breeding much more quickly than during the colder weather. Your summer pest prevention plan should include steps to keep this pest out and prevent the many problems that an infestation of roaches can bring.
Essential cockroach prevention tips for your Elmont home include:
- Seal cracks around your home's windows, doors, and foundation to stop cockroaches invading. You may also want to use strong window and door screens or weather stripping around your home.
- Dispose of trash in tightly-sealed bags or cans with lids, and be sure that outdoor compost piles are covered to prevent scavenging.
- Store leftover food properly and clean up all food or drink spills immediately. You should also consider using airtight containers in food pantry areas to keep roaches out.
These tips can be handy for your home, but if you still struggle with a cockroach infestation this summer, you should contact Pied Piper Pest Control first to eradicate this pest.
What Our Customers Are Saying
I've been using this company a year now and couldn't be more satisfied. Idk why I haven't left one before. They're prompt and no matter the issue, he has always resolved it. Thank you for keeping my wife safe from the little mosters.