Pest Control In Floral Park, New York
A suburb of New York City, Floral Park offers a brief respite from the bustle of the city while providing residents with exceptional amenities. However, like other areas around the state, pest invasions can damper your daily enjoyment and increase stress levels. The best way to treat pest issues in Floral Park is with professional Nassau County pest control.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we understand that keeping your Floral Park home or business safe from pests is essential in maintaining daily peace and ensuring your loved ones, customers, and employees stay healthy and protected.
We offer pest control services that fit your schedule and are always customized to meet your property's needs. We even have same-day servicing available for residents of Floral Park too.
So, if you're struggling with common rodents, a wildlife infestation, or how to get rid of spider crickets, don't hesitate to reach out to Pied Piper Pest Control today.
Now Is The Time To Protect Your Floral Park Home From Termites
What should you do if you have termites in Floral Park? Can you combat them with D.I.Y. termite solutions?
D.I.Y. termite solutions, like O.T.C. insecticides and baits, may eliminate some of an infestation, but they're usually ineffective at completely getting rid of termites. The only foolproof way to eliminate termites from your home is with professional help from Pied Piper Pest Control.
Our experienced professionals have dealt with termite infestations, both big and small, and we've got the right treatments to make your Floral Park home termite-free. If you're noticing some of the signs of termites, there's only one thing to do – call us at Floral Park to learn more about how our termite control services work or to set up an appointment.
Five Easy & Effective Rodent Prevention Tips For Floral Park Property Owners
Rodents are dangerous for any resident, and knowing how to prevent them is the first step to reducing the risk of dealing with them. Here are some handy tips for keeping rodents out of your home:
- Don't provide easy access to food: Since rodents often seek out human food, you'll want to keep leftovers properly stored and clean up any crumbs or food debris that's left out. Even pet food can sustain rodents, so you'll want to store that in a sealed package or container too.
- Identify cracks and crevices to seal up: Check for tiny gaps, holes, and crevices that rodents may use to slip through your home's foundation. When you seal these cracks up, you'll want to use a rodent-proof material, like steel wool, to do so. Mice and rats can chew through most materials, like wood, plastic, and vinyl.
- Wash dirty dishes promptly: The food debris on dirty dishes can lure mice and rats, so you shouldn't leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
- Address drainage and moisture issues: Rodents need a water source, and leaky pipes, faucets, and other standing water in your home can do the trick. Get rid of standing water on your property, and address drainage issues once you discover them.
- Trim shrubs and tree branches near your home: Roof rats may use tree branches or vegetation on the side of your home to climb onto your roof, but regularly trimming branches and shrubs can help prevent this.
For more help preventing rodents – or eliminating an existing infestation – don't hesitate to call the experts at Pied Piper Pest Control.
Ant Identification 101: What Every Floral Park Homeowner Ought To Know
Ant infestations in your Floral Park home can be more than just a nuisance; they can be dangerous, depending on the ant species. Ant identification is essential for controlling and removing this pest. Follow some of these tips to identify any species correctly.:
- Look at the size of the ant. Most ants range between half an inch and an inch long; size is a helpful factor in determining the species you have.
- Note the ant's coloration. Correctly identifying a specific ant species is one of the most helpful things you can do, as most ants have distinctive coloration.
- Examine where the ants are invading your home. Different ant species prefer to live in areas, giving you a clue about the type of ant you confront.
Contact our technicians at Pied Piper Pest Control if you need further help identifying ants around your property. Our team will happily use our years of experience identifying and removing ant infestations to help you out.
Cockroaches Causing Problems For Homeowners In Floral Park
Any cockroach invading your Floral Park home will cause problems because all types of cockroaches are incredibly unhygienic, preferring to walk through and live in dirty, germ-filled areas such as sewers, dumpsters, and waste piles.
As cockroaches invade your home, they bring in the bacteria they pick up in these places, spreading it across surfaces and food storage areas as they move and scavenge, increasing your risk of picking up a disease and getting seriously sick.
Also, a cockroach infestation can significantly contribute to allergy issues, asthma problems, and respiratory distress. A widespread cockroach infestation may even lead to issues that require medical attention, which is why you should contact the professionals at the first sign of this pest.
For cockroach control and a professional cockroach remedy, you can count on our technicians at Pied Piper Pest Control are up to the task. Contact us for more information on expert cockroach prevention and how to stay safe from this unhygienic pest.
Beyond just cockroaches, our services extend to the most common pests that may be invading your home, including bed bug control, spider crickets, and more.
How to Identify A Bed Bug Infestation In My Floral Park Home
Spotting a bed bug infestation can take time. Still, you are more likely to identify it sooner than later if you look for the following signs:
- Live bed bugs: These parasitic insects are small, reddish-brown, and about the size of an apple seed. You might spot them in the seams of your mattress, crevices in your bed frame, and behind electrical outlets.
- Bed bug eggs: You might find these tiny white eggs or empty eggshells anywhere in your home, especially where bed bugs are most concentrated.
- Reddish-brown stains: If you've started noticing unsightly reddish-brown stains on your bedding, floors, or baseboards, they could be from crushed bed bugs that have recently fed or their excrement.
- An unpleasant odor: A musty, off-putting smell in an infested room is often a sign of bed bugs, although it could also indicate a cockroach infestation.
- Bites and rashes: Bed bug bites often appear as small, red, raised welts or rashes and are usually itchy. Washing the area with warm water and soap can help ease the discomfort, and a doctor can also recommend topical treatments.
Bed bug infestations spread easily and quickly and can be challenging to eliminate. Call Pied Piper Pest Control today to learn more about our bed bug removal services.
Tick Bites Can Be Very Dangerous In Floral Park Area
Tick bites can be very dangerous because ticks can transmit various illnesses to humans, including Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and ehrlichiosis, some of which can lead to severe complications like neurological problems and death. If you've been bitten by a tick and develop symptoms like fever, headache, fatigue, or muscle and joint pain, you should seek medical help immediately.
Tick bites can also cause allergic reactions in some people, including rash, hives, and difficulty breathing. Here are some precautions you can use to help keep you safe from ticks:
- Wearing long sleeves and pants when spending time in wooded or grassy areas
- Using tick repellent when spending extended periods of time outdoors
- Checking your skin and clothing for ticks before coming indoors
If these are not enough and you are worried about these parasitic insects, Pied Piper Pest Control has extensive experience handling tick infestations in Floral Park. Call us today to schedule a visit with one of our pest control professionals.
Why Do I Have Crickets In My Floral Park Home?
Of all the potentially dangerous pests you don't want to find in your home, crickets are not high on the list. However, that doesn't mean they can't be a major nuisance: their incessant chirps will quickly become an annoyance, and these noisy invaders can also cause other issues.
There are many reasons why you could have crickets in your home, including:
- Food and water: If your home provides crickets with sustenance, you might be unknowingly attracting them inside.
- Moisture: Crickets prefer moist environments, so we recommend monitoring the humidity level of your home, lowering the humidity where possible, and eliminating any sources of standing water on your property, especially in your yard.
- Cracks in the structure of your home: Crickets can enter your home through small holes in the foundation, walls, or around windows and doors. A pest control professional can help identify them and recommend the appropriate material to fill them in.
- Climate: Some species of crickets are more active during certain times of the year, such as the fall, and may seek shelter indoors when the weather cools down, especially here in New York with our cold winters.
- Light: Your home's indoor lighting might be attracting crickets.
Cricket noise is bad enough, but these unwanted pests can also transmit dangerous diseases. If reducing access to food and water, removing any moisture sources, and sealing cracks and crevices is not enough, it is time to reach out to the pros. Call Pied Piper Pest Control today to learn more about our cricket control services.
What's The Best Form Of Mosquito Control For My Floral Park Yard?
The best way to eliminate mosquitoes in your Floral Park yard is to combine prevention practices with professional treatments when needed. Some of the most effective forms of mosquito control include:
- Eliminating breeding sites: Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water, so removing bird baths and old tires, unclogging gutters, and removing yard debris can help reduce the mosquito population.
- Considering repellents and traps: Many options are available to eliminate mosquitoes, from natural products to chemical-based ones. A pest control professional can recommend the best ones for your situation and ensure you use them correctly.
- Using insecticides: At Pied Piper Pest Control, we provide all-natural treatments using backpack foggers during the months when mosquito activity is at its peak and single treatments.
- Keeping your yard tidy: By keeping your lawn cut short and trees and bushes trimmed, mosquitoes are less likely to find refuge in your yard. Yellow insect-repelling lights can also help.
For reliable and effective mosquito control in Floral Park, we are here to help with various treatment options to eliminate these biting insects on your property. Contact Pied Piper Pest Control today to schedule a home inspection and get started.
What Our Customers Are Saying
I had a problem with spider crickets and I called Pipe Piper Pest control. They came right away and like magicians they made the crickets disappear. Very knowledgeable and amazing service. I recommend them highly.