Professional Pest Solutions In Franklin Square, NY
The hamlet of Franklin Square, NY, is a lovely community located at the mouth of the Hudson River. This NYC suburb has a population of around 32,000 people. When you consider that the person-to-pest ratio is about one to one billion, it makes sense why pest infestation is a year-round problem here in Franklin Square. If you want to protect your Franklin Square home or business from the detriments of pest infestation, you’ve come to the right place. The team at Pied Piper Pest Control is here to protect you from pests all year long.
We are a locally-owned, locally-operated pest control company that is proud to call New York home. Since 2013, Pied Piper Pest Control has been servicing homes and businesses throughout Franklin Square and the surrounding areas, protecting local properties from all kinds of invaders, like ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, termites, rodents, crickets, and many others. Give us a call today to secure quality Nassau County pest control.
How to Tell If Your Franklin Square Home Has a Termite Problem
Termites are pests that can sit in your home for years without you having any clue they’re there. Their lifestyle means they don’t have to leave their nests for much of anything. The only real exception is when they’re breeding. During “termite season,” thousands of reproductive adults swarm to pair off and found new colonies. Seeing one of these swarms is one of the easiest ways to tell you have termites. Other ways include signs such as:
- Pinholes in drywall
- Mud tubes heading to your foundation
- Piles of termite sawdust (known as frass)
- Shed wings from swarms
- Damage that looks like water damage, without the water
There’s a good chance you’ll start seeing these signs before more severe damage happens, so it’s vital to get professional termite control out to your house as soon as you notice an issue.
All The Ways Cockroaches In Franklin Square Are Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches don’t exactly have a stellar reputation — and with good reason. These nasty pests hang out in disgusting places like landfills, roadkill, and raw sewage. When they come into your home after spending time in these filthy locales, they bring with them every kind of pathogen imaginable. Cockroaches are known or suspected to spread over 40 different bacteria strains, viruses, parasites, and more. You could get everything from salmonellosis to leprosy from a roach infestation. That’s why you need to take measures to prevent roaches:
- Keep all indoor and outdoor trash cans covered.
- Store all foods either in airtight pantry containers or the fridge.
- Clean up immediately after meals and never leave dirty dishes out.
- Declutter to reduce cockroach hiding spots.
Following these anti-roach best practices can go a long way to making your home less attractive to roaches.
Why You Cannot Afford To Ignore Rodent Problems In Franklin Square
When it comes to rodent infestation, there are a lot of consequences to consider. Not only do rodents threaten your safety, but they also compromise your health and well-being. Here’s why you cannot afford to ignore rodent problems in Franklin Square:
- Rodents are capable of biting, which exposes you and your pets to transmitting rabies and a long list of other diseases. Rodents cause widespread contamination that seriously puts your health at risk.
- Rodents are a real nuisance, and you can hear them scampering and scratching inside the walls and ceilings at night.
- Rodents are known to breed rapidly, putting you in danger of a huge, widespread infestation.
- Rodents chew through the construction of your structure. They weaken it, contaminate it, and cause serious damage. Rodents tend to gnaw through electrical wiring, putting you at risk of experiencing a fire.
The bottom line is that ignoring rodent problems around your home or business just isn’t an option. For the best protection from rodent infestation, the best thing you can do is contact the pest professionals. Here at Pied Piper Pest Control, we provide complete rodent control and prevention services to keep your property protected all year long. Contact us today.
Five No-Sweat Mosquito Control Tips For Franklin Square Properties
Mosquitoes are vector pests, meaning they carry a long list of vector-borne illnesses that they transmit to the hosts that they bite. As they feed on our blood, they can also inject pathogens into our systems, leading to some serious mosquito-borne illnesses.
Here are five no-sweat mosquito control tips for Franklin Square properties:
- Applying mosquito repellent when spending time outdoors
- Eliminating sources of excess moisture and standing water
- Maintaining a well-trimmed yard to reduce harborage spots
- Using screen vents on all windows and doors
- Wearing clothing treated with DEET or permethrin
For dependable, year-round mosquito control, the best thing to do is rely on the experts. The pest professionals at Pied Piper Pest Control offer complete mosquito detection and extermination services. Get in touch with us today to discuss your mosquito control needs.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"