Pest Control In Freeport, NY
Few places can rival the beauty and charm of Freeport, NY. Situated on the southern shore of Long Island, this village has a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. From its historical roots to its contemporary culture, Freeport is a place that has something for everyone.
But don't be fooled by its idyllic exterior - like any other place, Freeport has its fair share of pests. From rats and mice to flies and mosquitoes, these critters can wreak havoc on your property if you're not careful.
Contact a Nassau County pest control firm like Pied Piper Pest Control to ensure no pests make their way into your home or business.
We're a locally-owned and operated company with a decade of experience in the industry. We know how to deal with all sorts of pests, big and small. Not only are we always up-to-date on the latest pest control methods and technologies, but we also offer same-day service to clients.
From dealing common rodents and big rats to how to get rid of spider crickets and bed bug pest control, our pros don't back down from a challenge.
All The Ways Cockroaches In Freeport Are Harmful To Your Health
Do American cockroaches bite? No, American cockroaches and other kinds of cockroaches do not bite.
But while cockroaches may not bite, they can still affect your health, especially if they contaminate your kitchen, or anywhere you eat. Unfortunately, cockroaches can run rampant in Freeport, especially during this town's mild spring and summer seasons.
There are several ways roaches can negatively impact your health, including:
- They're frequent carriers of bacteria and pathogens, like salmonella, streptococcus, and staphylococcus.
- Because of the bacteria they carry, cockroaches can play a role in some people contracting typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery, and diarrhea.
- An enzyme in cockroach droppings and saliva can trigger some people's allergic reactions and asthma symptoms.
Generally, cockroaches spread bacteria when they crawl across kitchen surfaces where you prepare food or rummage through cabinets with food. If you touch a cockroach directly, they can also scratch you with their spiny legs and transmit bacteria that way.
The experts at Pied Piper Pest Control can ensure you and your family stay safe from cockroaches and other pests, and we could be on your front door the same day you call. Contact us today to find out more about our cockroach control services.
The Secret To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Freeport Yard
There's plenty to do in Freeport during the spring and summer, but mosquitoes in New York can put your fun on pause.
Whether you're looking to reduce mosquito activity around your property or limit the number of mosquito bites when you go out, here are some steps you can take to repel mosquitoes from you and your Freeport property:
- Avoid wearing dark-colored clothing that attracts mosquitoes, and opt for light-colored clothing that blends in better with the horizon.
- Wear clothing that limits the amount of exposed skin, like long pants, shirts, or even jackets while you're outside.
- Wear natural mosquito repellent scents like lavender, citronella, or lemon eucalyptus.
- Avoid going outside or exercising during times of the day when mosquito activity is the most prevalent, like dusk and dawn.
- Keep your grass cut short, deal with overgrown weeds in your yard, and trim your shrubbery and foliage to eliminate mosquito resting areas.
- Clear your gutters regularly and ensure they aren't directing standing water toward your house.
- Remove standing water on your property, like troughs or debris that collects water, flooded gutters, or drainage issues that could provide mosquitoes with a place to lay their eggs.
- If you have standing water features, like fountains or birdbaths, make sure they're cycling regularly and haven't become a mosquito breeding ground.
However, the secret to getting rid of mosquitoes in New York is working with the experienced professionals at Pied Piper Pest Control.
Is Your Freeport Home Protected Against Termites This Summer?
Termites are destructive pests that can unleash havoc on your home if left untreated. These tiny insects are known for their wood-eating habits, which can damage the structural integrity of your home.
While termites are most active during the spring and summer months, they can infest your home at any time of year. Hence, getting professional termite control is essential to protecting your investment.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we have tons of experience dealing with termites. We offer comprehensive termite control solutions that can safely and decisively eliminate an infestation.
Not only do we offer termite control services, but we also provide termite prevention. And, in case of repairs, we can recommend a reputable contractor to help you fix the damage. Termite control is a complex process that requires the experience and expertise of a professional.
If you think you have a termite problem, give Pied Piper Pest Control a call, and we will promptly send a technician to assess the situation.
Ant Prevention Tips Freeport Residents Should Know
These invasive pests are more than just a nuisance; they can threaten your health. Here are some tips to keep ants out of your home:
- Keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs or spills
- Seal any cracks or holes in your walls, floors, or foundation
- Eliminate moisture sources by fixing any leaks or drips
- Store food in airtight containers
- Trim back any trees, bushes, or shrubs that touch the exterior walls of your home
These tips will significantly reduce the chances of an ant infestation. However, call a professional ant pest control contractor if you already have an ant problem.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we offer comprehensive ant control solutions that are safe and effective. Partnering with us provides you not just peace of mind but also the assurance that your home is protected against these pests.
We're affiliated with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), Green Pro Certified, and QualityPro, so you can rest assured that you're in good hands.
Don't wait; contact us now.
Freeport's Ultimate Tick Bite Field Guide
Tick bites are never something Freeport residents want to receive, but these do happen from time to time. You must engage in proper tick removal if you have received a tick bite, as this is the best way to ensure that you remove as much of the tick as possible, limiting your potential for disease.
Follow this guide to remove a tick from your skin effectively:
- Take a clean pair of tweezers and place them on either side of the tick; you may need help with this if a tick has bitten you in an area you can’t quite reach, like your back.
- Close the tweezers around the tick as close to the skin as possible and then pull up in a steady, firm motion. Do not jerk or pull, as this is likely to separate the head from the body.
- Once you have removed the tick from your skin, dispose of it by flushing it down the toilet or sealing it in a plastic bag and throwing it away.
- Wash the bitten area and keep an eye out for concerning symptoms such as a bull’s eye rash, pain, swelling, nausea, fever, or chills. Seek medical attention if these symptoms occur.
Make sure to engage in proper tick prevention around your property if you want to keep tick bite risks to a minimum. Pied Piper Pest Control can help you with this.
Are Silverfish In Freeport Dangerous?
Silverfish can look intimidating with their silvery, metallic exterior, long appendages, and zig-zag movements, but they are not as dangerous as you might think. Silverfish are not known to transmit diseases to humans, nor are they likely to bite humans. However, this pest might spread bacteria and diseases around your property as they pick up pathogens outside, and they may contaminate food or food storage areas.
Additionally, silverfish can be pretty destructive, which is dangerous to your property. This pest loves to munch on starchy items, so stored items like clothing, fabrics, and books are all at risk when this pest invades.
You can take preventative steps for silverfish, including sealing cracks and gaps around your property. You can also contact Pied Piper Pest Control for assistance removing this insect.
How Much Do You Really Know About Earwigs Around Freeport?
Earwigs may appear frightening, but this pest is not as harmful as you think. Plenty of myths surrounding the earwig are essential to debunk if you want to understand this insect invader properly.
A common belief is that earwigs crawl inside people’s ears – this is a complete myth, and earwigs are unlikely to bite humans, let alone crawl inside and nest in ears or eat your brain.
You can also recognize earwigs by their large pincers. While many individuals believe that they can use these to bite or pinch humans, this is unlikely to happen. Earwigs are more concerned with scavenging outdoor debris, fallen fruits and vegetables, and trash than attacking humans. Even if an earwig does attempt to pinch a human, its pincers may not be strong enough to break the skin.
An earwig infestation around your Freeport property is still not the most pleasant thing. Get rid of earwigs by contacting our team at Pied Piper Pest Control; we strive to eradicate earwig invaders from wherever they are hiding. With our help, your property will be earwig-free in no time.
The Most Effective Way To Kill Bed Bugs In Freeport
Besides being tricky and challenging insects to remove, bed bugs are often the stuff of nightmares for Freeport residents. An infestation of this pest around your property will undoubtedly result in sleepless nights, itchy bites, and anxiety about totally removing this pest.
While most people may turn to DIY bed bug control and removal solutions at the first signs of invasions, this is not the most effective approach to killing Freeport bed bugs. DIY and store-bought removal methods are often hit or miss, and they take a lot of time and money to try as you see which works best for your property.
Instead, contact Pied Piper Pest Control for effective bed bug removal in Freeport. Our dedicated team will ensure your property returns to an utterly pest-free state, and we will start our bed bug control process by inspecting your property. After we narrow down the size of your bed bug infestations and your property’s specific needs, we’ll get to work with effective and reliable treatment plans that control this pest. Plus, we offer follow-up solutions to ensure that bed bugs stay gone for good.
To learn more about our bed bug process or to get started with bed bug removal, contact Pied Piper Pest Control today.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"