Pest Control In Hempstead, NY
Located on the western half of Long Island is the city of Hempstead, NY. Hempstead has just under 760,000 residents and includes 22 incorporated villages. Unfortunately, this bustling economy and human population mean that Nassau County pest control needs are skyrocketing. DIYers have a whole lot to deal with. From keeping termites out of their walls, roaches out of their pantries, and rats out of their basements, quality pest control in our area requires a ton of skills, know-how, and tools. Dealing with different pests can leave area residents feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. It can also lead to pest infestations getting out of hand. This is because it’s easy for amateur pest controllers to miss the subtle signs of a problem, allowing it to continue unnoticed for months or even years until it has done severe and costly damage. At Pied Piper Pest Control, our technicians have the skills and tools needed to get the job done efficiently, and we offer same-day emergency services as well!
All You Need To Know About The Ants In Hempstead
Securing professional ant control in Hempstead is a must for property owners. With the many different kinds of ants in Nassau County, professional ant pest control can make a massive difference in the fight against the many types of ants here. Below are some things everyone can do to help prevent an ant infestation of any kind:
- Garden tidying: Effective ant pest control starts outdoors. Start by cutting back branches from shrubs, trees, and bushes that brush up against your home, as ants often use these to get onto your house.
- Caulk up holes in your home: The next step is to locate any holes, cracks, or crevices in the siding of your home and caulk them up. Since ants get into your home by crawling through holes, make sure to plug up any spot you find on the side of your home, no matter how tiny it is
- Clean: Another way to lessen the appeal of your home is to make sure you are thoroughly cleaning your kitchen, sweeping up all crumbs, and wiping up any spills regularly.
- Take out the garbage: When food is in your trash, be sure to take it out as soon as possible, leaving nothing behind for ants to scavenge for. Store the garbage away from the physical house for an added preventive measure.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, our expert technicians will narrow down the conducive conditions that allow ants to overtake your yard and home. For the best, most immediate ant control in Hempstead, call Pied Piper Pest Control today!
When Is It Time To Call A Professional For Cockroaches In My Hempstead Home?
Unfortunately, there is a Hempstead cockroach problem, and a cockroach infestation is one of the worst pests you can have in your home. Since cockroaches are infamous for spreading highly harmful illnesses, the time to call the professionals at Pied Piper Pest Control is when you discover a cockroach infestation in your home. Below are some of the most diseases cockroaches can spread to you and your family without professional help:
- Cholera: Cholera is a severe illness that can cause profuse, watery diarrhea, leg cramps, vomiting, and extreme thirst. This serious illness was responsible for a historic, worldwide pandemic in the 1800s.
- Giardia: This is an intense gastrointestinal illness that can cause severe cramping, diarrhea, and gas. It is also capable of making its victims severely dehydrated.
- Campylobacteriosis: This infection attacks the gut as well, causing severe nausea, cramping, and bloody diarrhea. Once contracted, campylobacteriosis can take up to a week to clear your system.
In addition to these diseases, cockroaches can also trigger allergies and asthma attacks in some individuals. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we utilize the most advanced tools available on the professional market to exterminate cockroach infestations in their entirety. Don’t risk your’s and your family’s health. We can beat the Hempstead cockroach problem with Pied Piper Pest Control’s same-day help. Call today!
Everything You Could Want To Know About Mosquitoes In Hempstead
Mosquitoes in Hempstead are one of the worst summer pests in our area. They buzz around, inflicting itchy bites and ruining your backyard barbeque or restaurant patio experience, and they can spread potentially dangerous diseases like viral encephalitis and West Nile virus. For this reason, above all others, you’ve got to ensure your property remains mosquito-free.
Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. You can remove mosquito breeding sites on your property by removing all standing water. But that doesn’t eliminate standing water around your property that you might not have any control over. You could plant herbs like citronella and lemongrass to discourage mosquitoes from coming around, but you’ll need to up the ante to keep your property truly free of mosquitoes. Fortunately, we’ve got a top-notch anti-mosquito game here at Pied Piper Pest Control!
Three Easy Tricks To Protect Your Hempstead Property From Termites
Termites in Hempstead are plentiful, unfortunately. Additionally, termites are one of the worst pests you can get because of their destructive power. Worse, it’s typically impossible for DIYers to get rid of them because over-the-counter termite control products don’t work. They might temporarily reduce the termite population but won’t eliminate the entire infestation. To avoid a costly and destructive infestation, you’ll need to focus on prevention. To keep termites away, follow these principles:
- Seal off entry points. These include cracks, holes, and other avenues that termites can use to enter your home.
- Reduce wood-to-ground contact. Trim back branches and shrubs. Ensure mulch is not touching your foundation. Get rid of rotted or water-damaged wood around your home, especially wood that touches the ground.
- Fix moisture problems. Many termites require moisture to build their colonies. Fixing leaky pipes and clogged drainage, and other issues can discourage activity.
- Book a professional termite inspection: Contact your local professionals to get an experienced technician to inspect your property for termite activity.
Pied Piper Pest Control has the tools needed to eliminate the termites in Hempstead. For same-day help, give us a call today! We will have a technician over to perform a professional termite inspection the same day you call. Get ahead of these destructive pests today!
Why Can't I Keep Silverfish Out Of My Hempstead Home?
A silverfish infestation around your Hempstead home indicates this pest is drawn to your property and able to sneak inside. However, if you can’t figure out how the silverfish get inside, you will likely have trouble keeping this destructive pest out.
When searching for silverfish problem areas, be sure to examine the exterior of your property first; look at the foundation of your home and the areas around doors and windows to locate gaps and cracks where silverfish might be entering. Seal these areas with caulking in addition to using weather stripping and window and door screens to keep these pests out.
Furthermore, evaluate your property for the factors that attract this pest, as a key step to keeping silverfish out is making sure they don’t show up in the first place. Reduce humid, damp conditions around your property, declutter interior areas, and use airtight storage containers in attics, basements, and garages to keep silverfish out.
What To Do When The Ticks Bite In Hempstead
Ticks in Hempstead are known for carrying serious illnesses such as Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, among many others. Receiving tick bites in the area can risk contracting one of these diseases or developing other serious health issues.
If a tick has bitten you in Hempstead, your first step is to remove the tick from the bite area carefully. You can use a clean pair of tweezers to surround the tick and pull it up in a firm, steady motion to give you the best chance of tick removal, including the head.
After removing the tick, dispose of the body by sealing it in a plastic bag and throwing it away or flushing it down the toilet. Clean the bitten area with soap and warm water, and keep an eye on it.
Symptoms after a tick bite include swelling, extreme pain, a bull’s eye-shaped rash or other red, splotchy rash, fever, chills, aches, muscle pain, and weakness. A medical professional should evaluate any of these symptoms when you notice them appearing.
Three Things Everyone In Hempstead Ought To Know About Earwigs
Earwigs are often misunderstood pests due to their frightening appearance and generally non-threatening behaviors. Here we list three things everyone in Hempstead needs to know about earwigs and earwig infestations:
- A common myth about earwigs is that this pest will climb into the ears of unsuspecting individuals and nest there or even feed on the person’s brain; this is not possible and not true. Earwigs are not known to invade ears.
- Earwigs may look frightening, but this pest does not spread disease, nor do they bite humans. A pinch from an earwig is unlikely to occur unless you are handling and threatening this pest, and even then, their pincers are usually not strong enough to break the skin.
- Earwigs love to eat fallen vegetables and fruit, trash, and outdoor debris. A plethora of these factors on your property will likely attract earwigs, leading to an infestation of this pest. Prevention tips are essential to avoid earwig invasions.
If you have more questions about earwigs or need assistance defeating this insect's infestations around your property, contact Pied Piper Pest Control immediately. Our team knows what your Hempstead home needs to be free of this pest once and for all.
How To Identify Hempstead Spiders
Spiders hiding around your Hempstead property can set you on edge, and there are many different types of spiders in Hempstead that regularly make an appearance on local properties. Learning to identify these main types of spiders is essential to know which ones are more dangerous, which ones you should avoid and which spiders you can shoo out of your home without issues.
Hempstead's most common spider invaders include jumping spiders, cellar spiders, wolf spiders, orb weavers, grass spiders, and the yellow sac spider. Of all these spider types, the yellow sac spider is the most dangerous to Hempstead residents.
You can identify Hempstead spiders on your property by paying close attention to their color and distinctive patterns. Other notable features you should watch for include where the spiders build their webs (indoors or outdoors) and the type of web they build (sticky and dense versus spread out and patterned). Other important characteristics are six or eight eyes, hairy or spiny legs, and the size of the spider.
Be sure not to get too close to any spider when identifying them. Contact Pied Piper Pest Control immediately if you suspect that spiders are infesting your property in large numbers.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"