Pest Control In Hewlett, NY
Hewlett, NY, is one of the five census-designated places in the southwestern corner of Nassau County. The population is just under 7,000 residents, but with the efficient transportation systems, lots of traffic comes through, and unfortunately, this means pests follow. Nassau County pest control enthusiasts have quite a task on our hands. We must contend with everything from mosquitoes breeding in our clogged gutters to roaches hanging out in our basements to rodents setting up shop in our attics. That means keeping pests away is a year-round necessity. If you’re particularly pest prone, dealing with all these different vermin can feel like a full-time job. The good news is that ensuring your home stays pest-free is our full-time job here at Pied Piper Pest Control - and we provide same-day assistance!
Avoiding The Financial Impact Of Cockroaches In Hewlett
Unfortunately, there is a Hewlett cockroach problem in Nassau County. Cockroaches are more than just creepy and disgusting. They can quickly rack up quite a bit in damages to your health and property without early intervention. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we deal with cockroach infestations on the same day of your calling, which saves you money on:
- Over-the-counter products: Most of the products you can purchase at your local grocery store are expensive and ineffective against cockroaches. These pests are insanely resilient and have evolved to be resistant to many chemicals used in these products.
- Healthcare costs: When you have a cockroach infestation, it is only a matter of time before someone in your home falls ill. These pests pass on severe illnesses to humans, which could cost many medical bills if the problem isn’t immediately stopped.
- Replacements: Because of their disgusting nature, you will want to replace everything the cockroaches have soiled. Having professionals take care of the problem in the beginning saves you in the long run, ensuring you don’t have to replace too many items.
Pied Piper Pest Control technicians perform treatments and extermination services using the toughest tools available on the professional market to control the Hewlett cockroach problem. Don’t let these pests ruin your home and burn a hole in your wallet. Invest in professional help today to save down the road!
How To Tell If Your Hewlett Property Has A Termite Problem
Termites are tough to spot, especially to the untrained eye. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we provide professional termite inspections to catch the termites in Hewlett as early as possible, saving you thousands in repair costs down the road. As with all our services, we assist on the same day you call for help. Below are some common signs of termites:
- Holes in your drywall: A common sign is tiny, pinpoint holes in your drywall. Termites create these as they bore into your walls and floors, allowing them to get inside the wood and start carving out their tunnels and building their nests.
- Termite feces: If you see little wood pellets around your home that resemble pepper kernels, it is time to start looking for other signs of an infestation. As termites chew through wood, creating their tunnels, they will kick out their feces through the pinpoint holes they make.
- Buckling or crumbling wood: If you notice your walls are sagging a bit or your floorboards are crumbling, this is a dangerous sign and indicates your termite infestation is severe.
- Maze-like patterns in wood: Go around your home and look closely at anything wooden, including furniture. If termites are present in your home, they will create these maze-like patterns, or serpentine galleries, resulting from them chewing through the wood. This is one of the key signs of termites you will find if they are invading.
It’s never too early to schedule a termite inspection or get ahead of the termites in Hewlett. Taking your chances and not looking into the possibility of a termite infestation could cost you thousands in repair costs or compromise the structural integrity of your home. Don’t let this happen to your house; call Pied Piper Pest Control for help today!
Everything You Need To Know About Rodents In Hewlett
Rodents are some of the most infamous pests in the New York City metropolitan area. They spread many of the same diseases that a cockroach infestation does. They can also introduce secondary infestations of external parasites like fleas and ticks onto your property. These pests can expose you to their own set of dangerous diseases. Additionally, rodents can cause severe damage to your physical property. They love to rip up insulation and plush furniture to make their nests, and they must constantly gnaw on hard items to grind down their incessantly growing teeth. One of their favorite items to chew is electrical wiring, which can translate from expensive electrical problems to full-blown house fires. With all the issues they cause, it’s no wonder rodents are such a problem for home and business owners alike.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we pride ourselves on our ability to root out the source of your rodent infestation and implement extermination and prevention techniques to eliminate the entire rodent infestation. For help today, give us a call!
Is There More Than One Type Of Mosquito In Hewlett?
We have two primary species of biting mosquitoes in New York: the common house mosquito and the Asian tiger mosquito. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we specialize in keeping them out of your yard and can provide treatment the same day you call. Females of these species bite when they need sufficient protein to lay their eggs. Female mosquitoes can transmit blood-borne diseases such as the Zika virus, dengue fever, and malaria when they bite you. We don’t have to worry about those diseases here in New York, but we do have to worry about Eastern Equine Encephalitis and West Nile virus. Rarely these mosquito-borne illnesses can cause life-threatening brain swelling.
To protect yourself, you’ll need to keep mosquitoes away from your property. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Getting rid of standing water on your property is a good start. However, you cannot do anything about it when standing water is near your property but not on it. You can plant herbs and flowers mosquitoes hate, like lavender and rosemary, but you’ll need professional help to deal with a mosquito problem that doesn’t originate on your property. So contact us here at Pied Piper Pest Control for your mosquito and other pest control needs!
Can One Bed Bug Cause An Entire Infestation In My Hewlett Home?
It is possible for a single bed bug to cause an entire infestation in your home. These parasitic insects are known to reproduce quickly and can spread rapidly if not dealt with swiftly. As incredible as it may sound, one pregnant female bed bug can lead to an infestation of thousands of bed bugs in as little as four months if left untreated.
Each female bed bug can lay up to five eggs per day and up to 500 eggs in its lifetime. You can recognize bed bug eggs by their small pinhead size and white color; you will often find them in clusters near where bed bugs abound, usually in bedrooms and living rooms. The eggs typically hatch in a little over a week. The newly hatched nymphs begin to feed immediately, and they will start reproducing after about five weeks. The entire life cycle takes about six weeks to two months.
Bed bugs can come into your home through used clothes, furniture, and even books. If you are struggling with an infestation, Pied Piper Pest Control specializes in bed bug treatments that eliminate these biting insects safely and for good. Contact us today to schedule a home visit.
Does An Ant Infestation Mean My Hewlett Home Is Dirty?
An ant infestation does not necessarily mean that your home is dirty. Like many pests, ants look for food, moisture, and shelter, which means that even a clean house can have an ant infestation if it has what they need to survive and thrive. They can invade easily by entering through small cracks or openings in your home's walls, floors, and foundations.
If you have an ant infestation, it is essential to find and eliminate the source of the problem and control the current population. Maintaining a clean home and storing food properly can help prevent ant infestations, but it is not guaranteed. If you need help getting rid of ants, Pied Piper Pest Control has safe and effective treatment options for ant control in Hewlett.
What Are Effective Tick Prevention Tips For My Hewlett Yard?
There are several effective tick prevention tips you can use to protect your home and yard from ticks:
- Keep up with yard work: Keep your lawn well-maintained by mowing regularly and removing tall grass, weeds, and leaf piles. Ticks thrive in tall grass, which is why you must inspect your clothes after a hike and check for tick bites.
- Consider barriers: If you can't control the tall grasses and weeds outside your property, installing a fence or spreading wood chips across the lawn can create a barrier to prevent ticks from coming in.
- Try tick-repelling plants: Plants like garlic, sage, and mint are known to repel ticks. Just keep in mind that using plants to keep ticks away can be tricky as these unwanted pests take advantage of vegetation to hide. A pest control professional can help you select plants that will repel them instead of providing shelter.
- Schedule regular inspections: Ticks in Hewlett can cause life-threatening illnesses but are challenging to spot. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we can help you determine if ticks are an issue in your yard and what you can do about them with all-natural treatments that work.
Call us today to learn more about our all-natural tick treatments administered between May and September for year-round protection and single treatments for short-term relief.
How Do I Get Rid Of Crickets In My Hewlett House?
New Jersey is home to cave crickets, also known as camel or spider crickets. There are several ways to get rid of them in your home, including the following:
- Store food away at all times: Like many pests, crickets are attracted by spills, crumbs, leftovers, and more. Keeping them away and stored in closed containers can help keep them out of your home.
- Seal off any openings in your home: Cracks in your walls, floors, or foundation can make it easy for crickets to enter your home. We can help you identify access points and seal them properly.
- Ask about cricket bait or traps: While trying to get rid of crickets on your own can lead to significant expenses, we can help you determine which control methods are best for your situation after conducting a thorough inspection of your home.
- Keep humidity down: Cave crickets are attracted to moisture. Dehumidifiers and other strategies to lower humidity can help keep crickets out of your home.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy: Making sure the area around your home is free of debris is crucial in keeping crickets and other pests away.
It is crucial to address your cricket problem as soon as possible before they have a chance to reproduce and cause a full-blown infestation. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we are proud to provide cricket control in Hewlett that works.
The Pied Piper Pest Control team has the tools and experience needed for effective cave cricket control. Our services start with inspecting your property, followed by prevention strategies such as exclusion, and finally, environmentally-friendly treatments. Call us today to schedule a free, no-obligation inspection.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Mr. Anderson was professional and courteous. He took the time to inform me of what needed to be done, expectations and other services that may be beneficial to me in the future. He answered all our inquiries. I would use this service again.