Pest Control In Hewlett, NY
Hewlett, NY, is one of the five census-designated places in the southwestern corner of Nassau County. The population is just under 7,000 residents, but with the efficient transportation systems, lots of traffic comes through, and unfortunately, this means pests follow. Nassau County pest control enthusiasts have quite a task on our hands. We must contend with everything from mosquitoes breeding in our clogged gutters to roaches hanging out in our basements to rodents setting up shop in our attics. That means keeping pests away is a year-round necessity. If you’re particularly pest prone, dealing with all these different vermin can feel like a full-time job. The good news is that ensuring your home stays pest-free is our full-time job here at Pied Piper Pest Control - and we provide same-day assistance!
Avoiding The Financial Impact Of Cockroaches In Hewlett
Unfortunately, there is a Hewlett cockroach problem in Nassau County. Cockroaches are more than just creepy and disgusting. They can quickly rack up quite a bit in damages to your health and property without early intervention. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we deal with cockroach infestations on the same day of your calling, which saves you money on:
- Over-the-counter products: Most of the products you can purchase at your local grocery store are expensive and ineffective against cockroaches. These pests are insanely resilient and have evolved to be resistant to many chemicals used in these products.
- Healthcare costs: When you have a cockroach infestation, it is only a matter of time before someone in your home falls ill. These pests pass on severe illnesses to humans, which could cost many medical bills if the problem isn’t immediately stopped.
- Replacements: Because of their disgusting nature, you will want to replace everything the cockroaches have soiled. Having professionals take care of the problem in the beginning saves you in the long run, ensuring you don’t have to replace too many items.
Pied Piper Pest Control technicians perform treatments and extermination services using the toughest tools available on the professional market to control the Hewlett cockroach problem. Don’t let these pests ruin your home and burn a hole in your wallet. Invest in professional help today to save down the road!
How To Tell If Your Hewlett Property Has A Termite Problem
Termites are tough to spot, especially to the untrained eye. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we provide professional termite inspections to catch the termites in Hewlett as early as possible, saving you thousands in repair costs down the road. As with all our services, we assist on the same day you call for help. Below are some common signs of termites:
- Holes in your drywall: A common sign is tiny, pinpoint holes in your drywall. Termites create these as they bore into your walls and floors, allowing them to get inside the wood and start carving out their tunnels and building their nests.
- Termite feces: If you see little wood pellets around your home that resemble pepper kernels, it is time to start looking for other signs of an infestation. As termites chew through wood, creating their tunnels, they will kick out their feces through the pinpoint holes they make.
- Buckling or crumbling wood: If you notice your walls are sagging a bit or your floorboards are crumbling, this is a dangerous sign and indicates your termite infestation is severe.
- Maze-like patterns in wood: Go around your home and look closely at anything wooden, including furniture. If termites are present in your home, they will create these maze-like patterns, or serpentine galleries, resulting from them chewing through the wood. This is one of the key signs of termites you will find if they are invading.
It’s never too early to schedule a termite inspection or get ahead of the termites in Hewlett. Taking your chances and not looking into the possibility of a termite infestation could cost you thousands in repair costs or compromise the structural integrity of your home. Don’t let this happen to your house; call Pied Piper Pest Control for help today!
Everything You Need To Know About Rodents In Hewlett
Rodents are some of the most infamous pests in the New York City metropolitan area. They spread many of the same diseases that a cockroach infestation does. They can also introduce secondary infestations of external parasites like fleas and ticks onto your property. These pests can expose you to their own set of dangerous diseases. Additionally, rodents can cause severe damage to your physical property. They love to rip up insulation and plush furniture to make their nests, and they must constantly gnaw on hard items to grind down their incessantly growing teeth. One of their favorite items to chew is electrical wiring, which can translate from expensive electrical problems to full-blown house fires. With all the issues they cause, it’s no wonder rodents are such a problem for home and business owners alike.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we pride ourselves on our ability to root out the source of your rodent infestation and implement extermination and prevention techniques to eliminate the entire rodent infestation. For help today, give us a call!
Is There More Than One Type Of Mosquito In Hewlett?
We have two primary species of biting mosquitoes in New York: the common house mosquito and the Asian tiger mosquito. At Pied Piper Pest Control, we specialize in keeping them out of your yard and can provide treatment the same day you call. Females of these species bite when they need sufficient protein to lay their eggs. Female mosquitoes can transmit blood-borne diseases such as the Zika virus, dengue fever, and malaria when they bite you. We don’t have to worry about those diseases here in New York, but we do have to worry about Eastern Equine Encephalitis and West Nile virus. Rarely these mosquito-borne illnesses can cause life-threatening brain swelling.
To protect yourself, you’ll need to keep mosquitoes away from your property. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Getting rid of standing water on your property is a good start. However, you cannot do anything about it when standing water is near your property but not on it. You can plant herbs and flowers mosquitoes hate, like lavender and rosemary, but you’ll need professional help to deal with a mosquito problem that doesn’t originate on your property. So contact us here at Pied Piper Pest Control for your mosquito and other pest control needs!
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"