Pest Control In Manhattan, New York
Manhattan, The Big Apple, is one of the most popular places to live in the United States, and for a good reason! No matter what day or time, there is always something to do here; it's truly the city that never sleeps.
But people aren't the only ones who find living in Manhattan desirable; pests do too! From bed bugs to rodents, cockroaches, and everything in-between, you can find many kinds of pests here.
However, you don't need to stress with New York County pest control because Pied Piper Pest Control is here to help! We offer home pest control services to meet all needs, including specialty services such as:
- Ant control
- Bed bug control
- Mosquito and tick control
- Rodent control
- Termite control
- Cave crickets
So don't look any further than our team of experts!
Six Handy Ant Control Tips For Manhattan Homeowners
Ants are frustrating because of their extensive infestations. Because of this, it's always better to practice ant prevention in your home before they become an issue. Here are six tips you can use to keep ants away and under control:
- Remove food sources on the interior and exterior of your home by putting lids on garbage cans, storing food properly, and cleaning up eating areas.
- Reduce moisture by keeping your yard clear of organic debris, using dehumidifiers in necessary rooms, and fixing any leaks.
- Remove harborage areas by keeping your home and yard decluttered, organized, and maintained.
- Eliminate entry points by inspecting the exterior of your home for cracks and gaps and sealing them to keep ants out.
- Don't rely on over-the-counter (OTC) products to eliminate ant infestations as they are ineffective and can worsen issues.
- Work with the experts for reliable ant control services.
Pied Piper Pest Control can help Manhattan residents with ant issues in their homes!
Answers To Manhattan's Bed Bug Pest Control Questions
Bed bugs are synonymous with living in Manhattan. No matter whom you talk to, they have experienced a bed bug infestation or know someone who has. Although this is the truth of living in the city, you might not know some important facts about this pest. Check out these answers to common bed bug control questions:
- Does DIY pest control work for bed bugs?: No, bed bugs are challenging to eliminate and require an expert's knowledge to do so quickly and effectively. To eliminate bed bugs, you have to target them at all life stages, which is something DIY methods can't do.
- Can bed bugs return after I have had my home treated for them?: Yes, bed bugs infest through hitchhiking from public places or on second-hand goods. This pest can easily make its way back inside if you aren't careful and aren't taking the proper precautions.
- Can I prevent bed bugs?: While bed bug prevention isn't always 100%, you can reduce the likelihood of an infestation by never putting your belongings on the floor in public places, thoroughly cleaning second-hand goods before bringing them inside, and inspecting hotel and motel rooms before your stay.
Call us at Pied Piper Pest Control immediately if you believe you have brought a bed bug infestation into your home!
Why You Should Avoid DIY Rodent Control In Manhattan
Rodents are a common home-invading pest in Manhattan. Although this is the case, many people don't realize why attempting to DIY a rodent infestation isn't practical. Rodent prevention knowledge is essential; here are some reasons you should avoid DIY rodent control:
- Store-bought baits and traps will remove some pests but won't get to the root of the problem, such as why rodents are invading in the first place and how they enter.
- The effectiveness of treatment methods can vary depending on the species, and it can be challenging for the untrained person to identify the invading rodent.
- Handling rodents can be dangerous due to the diseases and parasites they spread.
DIY rodent control will cost you more time, money, and stress; work with the experts at Pied Piper Pest Control instead!
Three Things Everyone In Manhattan Should Know About Cockroaches
As with bed bugs and rodents, if you have lived in Manhattan for any time, you are familiar with cockroaches through personal experience or second-hand accounts. However, you might not know the following:
- The most common species in our area are American cockroaches, German cockroaches, and oriental cockroaches.
- Cockroaches are essential to the environment because they are decomposers, which is also why they become home issues. As they scavenge for food, your home could be attracting them.
- Cockroaches are dangerous because of the many diseases they spread, the contamination they cause, and other health concerns.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we can assist with cockroach elimination and prevention through our residential pest control. With our quarterly plan, you can ensure your home remains a cockroach-free environment.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"