Expert Pest Control Solutions In Queens, NY
What should pest control around your Queens home or business look like? There are a surprising number of pests that thrive in urban areas, and you need layers of protection to keep them out. Let's take a look at how professional pest control in Queens County can reduce the number of pests and keep pests out when it is done right.
The Dangers Rodents Bring To Homes In Queens
When rodents invade homes and other structures, they bring a lot of trouble with them. Between their constant gnawing, the droppings and fur they leave behind, and the parasites like fleas they bring inside with them, it’s only a matter of time before rodents in your walls turn your home into a big mess. Remember: once on rodent gets inside, its family will shortly follow, so all of these little problems will quickly become compounded.
However, in addition to being destructive, they can also be outright dangerous. Their droppings and fur can be hazardous to your health, leading to the spread of disease and the potential for issues like food contamination.
Rodents have teeth that never stop growing, causing them to constantly gnaw on any objects they can find in order to wear them down to a manageable size. Unfortunately for homeowners, this means that they’ll gnaw on vulnerable areas of your home, including your walls, floors, furniture, and even electrical wires - creating a serious fire hazard. And if that wasn’t enough, the holes they gnaw naturally create the possibility for water damage or for other pests to get inside, leading to further health concerns in the process.
With so much at stake, Queens homeowners can’t afford to leave their homes to the mercy of rodents. If rodents have gotten into your Queens home, contact the rodent elimination professionals at Pied Piper Pest Control for safe and effective rodent control!
How Roaches Get Into Queens Homes
No one wants cockroaches in their home. Besides their sheer ick-factor, roaches can spread diseases and other harmful contagions to any surfaces they come into contact with, including your tables, countertops, and the food itself.
Unfortunately, roaches are also very resourceful. Using their small size and climbing ability to their advantage, they are adept at getting into homes in a wide variety of methods.
Here are just a few ways roaches get into Queens homes:
- Crawling in through small cracks and crevices
- Entering through open doors and windows, or under doors
- Hitching a ride on the inside of bags, backpacks, suitcases, luggage, or firewood
- Crawling in through drains and pipes
Of course, once one roach gets inside, it’s only a matter of time before others follow the pheromone trail they leave behind. Between the other roaches that come inside and the new roaches they’ll breed once they become established inside your home, you’ll have a severe infestation on your hands before you know it.
If roaches have become a problem in your Queens home, call Pied Piper Pest Control for immediate assistance. Roaches are a difficult and dangerous pest, but the pros at Pied Piper have all the tools and knowledge necessary to eliminate them quickly, completely, and safely. Give us a call today for details.
Avoid Ant Infestations In Queens This Summer
There are many ways to avoid an ant infestation. If you're willing to roll your sleeves up, you can stop ants before they become a problem. What's more, you don't need over-the-counter sprays and baits which often fail to achieve their promised effectiveness.
- Inspect your exterior doors from the inside on a sunny day. If you can see light coming in from the outside, replace weatherstripping and door sweeps and align your doors so that the gaps are removed.
- Inspect points where plumbing and wire conduits enter your home. A caulking gun can be used to create a seal that will keep ants out.
- Consider your window and door frames. If you see that ants seem to be getting past your frames, a caulking gun can fix this problem.
- Examine window and door screens. If you have holes in your screens, get them repaired. There are simple and effective methods for patching screens. Also, make sure the frames have no gaps around them.
- Sanitation is important when it comes to keeping ants out. Deodorize your trash receptacles to keep them from attracting ants. Remove trash piles and clutter. Remove leaf litter and leaf piles.
- Move stacked wood, dead branches, and other sources of wood away from your exterior. Ants eat insects, both alive and dead. These insects can be found in wood sources.
If ants become a problem, remember that Pied Piper Pest Control is here to help. We use targeted treatments to eliminate ant colonies and arrest ant activity, applying a perimeter treatment around your home’s exterior and performing interior treatments whenever necessary. Interior treatments typically include some combination of sprays, gels, and dusts; these measures used in combination ensure a complete and effective treatment of your home. Give us a call today for all the details!
Five Tips To Effective Bed Bug Control In Queens
Few pests are as difficult to treat as bed bugs, making prevention a necessity. If you want to keep yourself free of the itchy red bites that bed bug infestations bring, there are some crucial steps you should take to prevent them.
Here are five tips for minimizing your risk for bed bugs in Queens:
- Inspect any used mattresses or furniture for bed bugs before bringing them indoors; avoid using pre-owned furniture where possible.
- When traveling, inspect the mattress and bedding thoroughly before going to bed.
- Inspect your clothing and bags for bed bugs before going inside, especially clothing and bags belonging to children.
- Clean up clutter around your home that bed bugs could use as hiding spots.
- Regularly wash and heat-dry your bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, and clothing.
Are bed bugs keeping you up at night? If so, don’t worry: call Pied Piper for immediate assistance. Our comprehensive all-natural bed bug treatment programs are the perfect solution to eliminate these problematic pests without threatening your home, family, or the surrounding ecosystem. Give us a call today for more details about our bed bug control services.
How To Identify A Mosquito In Queens
Mosquitoes are tiny, flying insects that no one welcomes at outdoor gatherings. Their constant buzzing and painful bites are only a few reasons why keeping them as far away from your yard as possible is vital. Here's how you can tell them apart from other biting nuisances:
- Size: Mosquitoes in Queens are small, typically less than a quarter of an inch, and are visible to the naked eye.
- Body shape: Mosquitoes have a slender, elongated body with a head, thorax, and abdomen. They also have wings.
- Mouthparts: The female mosquito's mouthparts can pierce the skin and drink the blood needed to produce viable eggs.
- Coloration: Mosquitoes are typically brown or gray, with some species having distinctive markings on their wings or bodies.
- Behavior: Mosquitoes are mostly active at dawn and dusk. We attract them with the carbon dioxide we exhale and the scent of our skin. Some perfumes can also draw them in.
Not all flying insects are mosquitoes, but if you have a mosquito problem, there are several steps you can take to reduce their numbers, like eliminating standing water, using mosquito nets or screens, and treating your yard.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we use all-natural mosquito control strategies that work. Call us to learn more about our methods.
Tick Bites In Queens Can Be Very Dangerous
Tick infestations in Queens can be dangerous because these parasitic insects can transmit various diseases while they bite us. Some of the most common include Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
Lyme disease is prevalent throughout the northeastern states. You can get it from the bite of a deer tick, which can cause severe complications if left untreated. Rocky Mountain spotted fever is from the American dog and Rocky Mountain wood ticks, and ehrlichiosis often comes from the lone star tick.
To protect yourself from tick bites, take precautions outdoors, such as wearing long pants and sleeves whenever possible. We also recommend using insect repellent and checking yourself and your pets for ticks after spending time outside.
But if you suspect a tick infestation on your property, your best bet to get rid of it is to enlist the services of a professional pest company like Pied Piper Pest Control. Contact us today to schedule an inspection and get started.
Effective Termite Prevention Tips For Queens Properties
Termites can cause significant damage to properties in Queens, and prevention is crucial in avoiding infestations. Here are some practical tips you can start using today:
- Remove wood debris: Termites are attracted to wood, so removing it from around your property is essential.
- Store firewood away from your home: Having a wood-burning fireplace is lovely in the winter, but the firewood you use can be a magnet for termites. Store it away from the structure of your home to reduce the risk of these wood-destroying insects entering.
- Maintain gutters and downspouts: Termites need moisture to survive. It's essential to ensure that your gutters and downspouts function correctly to prevent water from pooling around your foundation.
- Fix leaks: Leaking pipes can create moisture and humidity, which in turn attract termites. Promptly fixing them is crucial to a successful termite control strategy.
- Seal cracks and gaps: Termites can enter your home through the most insignificant cracks when looking for a place to settle down.
- Consider termite barriers: Various termite barriers are available. Call a Pied Piper Pest Control expert to determine if they are the right choice for your property.
- Schedule regular termite inspections: Regular termite inspections by a professional pest control company can help detect infestations early on before they cause significant damage.
These termite prevention tips can help protect your property from termite infestations and the damage they can cause. Call us today to eliminate existing infestations or prevent new ones from returning, and remember to check our website for regular termite control promotions.
Total Cave Cricket Control For Queens Residents
You can eliminate cave crickets in your home with adequate prevention and treatment strategies. For example, sealing entry points with silicone caulk, weatherstripping, and more can keep them out of your home. It is an effective step for many types of pest infestations.
Reducing moisture is another essential technique. Cave crickets thrive in damp environments, and fixing leaks, improving ventilation, and using a dehumidifier in wet areas like basements can go a long way in deterring them.
You will also want to remove hiding spots. Eliminating clutter and debris from your basement, garage, and storage areas is a great place to start if you have recurring cave cricket infestations. But the best way to eliminate these unwanted visitors is to hire a professional pest control expert.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we can assess the situation and recommend the most effective treatment options for your unique situation and property. Call us today to learn more about your infestation and our safe but effective residential pest control strategies, including cave cricket control.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Densle and the team at Pied Piper were extremely professional and responsive. They provided same day service and did an outstanding job. They followed up with me a week later and even came back to my home to do additional spraying. I highly recommend their services and will certainly use them again in the future.