Expert Pest Control Solutions In Queens, NY
What should pest control around your Queens home or business look like? There are a surprising number of pests that thrive in urban areas, and you need layers of protection to keep them out. Let's take a look at how professional pest control in Queens County can reduce the number of pests and keep pests out when it is done right.
The Dangers Rodents Bring To Homes In Queens
When rodents invade homes and other structures, they bring a lot of trouble with them. Between their constant gnawing, the droppings and fur they leave behind, and the parasites like fleas they bring inside with them, it’s only a matter of time before rodents in your walls turn your home into a big mess. Remember: once on rodent gets inside, its family will shortly follow, so all of these little problems will quickly become compounded.
However, in addition to being destructive, they can also be outright dangerous. Their droppings and fur can be hazardous to your health, leading to the spread of disease and the potential for issues like food contamination.
Rodents have teeth that never stop growing, causing them to constantly gnaw on any objects they can find in order to wear them down to a manageable size. Unfortunately for homeowners, this means that they’ll gnaw on vulnerable areas of your home, including your walls, floors, furniture, and even electrical wires - creating a serious fire hazard. And if that wasn’t enough, the holes they gnaw naturally create the possibility for water damage or for other pests to get inside, leading to further health concerns in the process.
With so much at stake, Queens homeowners can’t afford to leave their homes to the mercy of rodents. If rodents have gotten into your Queens home, contact the rodent elimination professionals at Pied Piper Pest Control for safe and effective rodent control!
How Roaches Get Into Queens Homes
No one wants cockroaches in their home. Besides their sheer ick-factor, roaches can spread diseases and other harmful contagions to any surfaces they come into contact with, including your tables, countertops, and the food itself.
Unfortunately, roaches are also very resourceful. Using their small size and climbing ability to their advantage, they are adept at getting into homes in a wide variety of methods.
Here are just a few ways roaches get into Queens homes:
- Crawling in through small cracks and crevices
- Entering through open doors and windows, or under doors
- Hitching a ride on the inside of bags, backpacks, suitcases, luggage, or firewood
- Crawling in through drains and pipes
Of course, once one roach gets inside, it’s only a matter of time before others follow the pheromone trail they leave behind. Between the other roaches that come inside and the new roaches they’ll breed once they become established inside your home, you’ll have a severe infestation on your hands before you know it.
If roaches have become a problem in your Queens home, call Pied Piper Pest Control for immediate assistance. Roaches are a difficult and dangerous pest, but the pros at Pied Piper have all the tools and knowledge necessary to eliminate them quickly, completely, and safely. Give us a call today for details.
Avoid Ant Infestations In Queens This Summer
There are many ways to avoid an ant infestation. If you're willing to roll your sleeves up, you can stop ants before they become a problem. What's more, you don't need over-the-counter sprays and baits which often fail to achieve their promised effectiveness.
- Inspect your exterior doors from the inside on a sunny day. If you can see light coming in from the outside, replace weatherstripping and door sweeps and align your doors so that the gaps are removed.
- Inspect points where plumbing and wire conduits enter your home. A caulking gun can be used to create a seal that will keep ants out.
- Consider your window and door frames. If you see that ants seem to be getting past your frames, a caulking gun can fix this problem.
- Examine window and door screens. If you have holes in your screens, get them repaired. There are simple and effective methods for patching screens. Also, make sure the frames have no gaps around them.
- Sanitation is important when it comes to keeping ants out. Deodorize your trash receptacles to keep them from attracting ants. Remove trash piles and clutter. Remove leaf litter and leaf piles.
- Move stacked wood, dead branches, and other sources of wood away from your exterior. Ants eat insects, both alive and dead. These insects can be found in wood sources.
If ants become a problem, remember that Pied Piper Pest Control is here to help. We use targeted treatments to eliminate ant colonies and arrest ant activity, applying a perimeter treatment around your home’s exterior and performing interior treatments whenever necessary. Interior treatments typically include some combination of sprays, gels, and dusts; these measures used in combination ensure a complete and effective treatment of your home. Give us a call today for all the details!
Five Tips To Effective Bed Bug Control In Queens
Few pests are as difficult to treat as bed bugs, making prevention a necessity. If you want to keep yourself free of the itchy red bites that bed bug infestations bring, there are some crucial steps you should take to prevent them.
Here are five tips for minimizing your risk for bed bugs in Queens:
- Inspect any used mattresses or furniture for bed bugs before bringing them indoors; avoid using pre-owned furniture where possible.
- When traveling, inspect the mattress and bedding thoroughly before going to bed.
- Inspect your clothing and bags for bed bugs before going inside, especially clothing and bags belonging to children.
- Clean up clutter around your home that bed bugs could use as hiding spots.
- Regularly wash and heat-dry your bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, and clothing.
Are bed bugs keeping you up at night? If so, don’t worry: call Pied Piper for immediate assistance. Our comprehensive all-natural bed bug treatment programs are the perfect solution to eliminate these problematic pests without threatening your home, family, or the surrounding ecosystem. Give us a call today for more details about our bed bug control services.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"